1. Looking for latest posts? Click this link ===> "What's New?"!

Awesome songs you may not have heard but need to

Discussion in 'The Main Board but with less BAWW about Essendrug' started by Hoffy, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Hoffy

Hoffy Geelong are a, c & g Umpire

Following on from Kingy's injection of class into this quality establishment, it got me thinking. What about posting some of the songs you love that you came across by chance or a friend, or in an elevator even, that you'd never heard any other time since or never even heard of the band etc.

I have a few in mind.

Here's one.

Devil's Daughter
    by Silvertide. Love it. Never heard it on radio. Never seen the band mentioned anywhere other than via my digging.

[Youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1cbRcUbs5c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1cbRcUbs5c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/Youtube]

BTW, these guys have some other good stuff too.

I'm hoping we get a few gems here. If you've all heard of this and "everyone knows this song", then be sure to FAIL me. :(

Will post more tomorrow at some stage.
  2. Spanners Watson

Spanners Watson An hero... NOW

I'd rather munt nat, then listen to that shit again
  3. Hoffy

You didn't listen to it as you posted 3 minutes after I created the thread. Song is 4 minutes.

Not black enough? Don't know your style Ray.
  4. Spanners Watson

I listen to the first 30 seconds and it was shithouse.

needs more trance and electro for me to listen to it. Get Tiesto to do a remix and i might listen to it, or get lil wayne to do a cover of it
  5. Spanners Watson

6. Hoffy

Meh, it's not shit, just not your taste.

Lil Wayne is not shit either I just don't fucking like his stuff.

There's a difference.
  7. Spanners Watson

Fair cop hoffy, im sorry mate :(
  8. Ratto

Ratto Hot places, cold places...

[youtube]xASP72P2vY0[/youtube]
  9. Kingy

Kingy Growing up in maturity Umpire

The day I realised that, my appreciation of music increased massively - I might not like all styles of music, but I can appreciate good music, regardless of the genre.
  10. Hoffy

Post some of your trance stuff mate if you can think of any.

I actually have some I will add tomorrow that I used to plug a lot. :thumbsu:

I love hearing new songs that other people rate. Music is a big part of my life.
  11. Hoffy

Same. That's what it's all about. I won't call a song shit unless it is genuinely poor musically/talent wise. I happen to like music across most genres, but even music I hate, I will still admire the musical talents of those involved if it's there. :thumbsu:
  12. Spanners Watson

http://www.limboclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73182

Check that thread, but in particular im really into anything by Calvin Harris at the moment

[youtube]clY2RAgXpM0[/youtube]
  13. Spanners Watson

This song is also fucking tidy at the moment in my books

[youtube]hRJJ1PFOhio[/youtube]

Again most people either are into this stuff or just complain that it's a knock-off of 20 or so years ago
  14. _JC_

_JC_ Do you take plastic?

[youtube]ZKmZRO8XzyY[/youtube]
  15. Spanners Watson

I wish i could be more accepting of music genres, but i just have a habit of automatically hating anything the sounds soft rockish, 'surfer music' (fuck i hate that term) or any of that female, new-age folk, jazzy bullshit
  16. _JC_

[youtube]Wts4qvHDOh0[/youtube]

Awesome track from a band from Sydney
  17. _JC_

Yeah some genres put me offside, but generally if a song is good you will push through the hate
  18. BobsCousin

BobsCousin Enjoy your ban.

Your appreciation for music matures the older you get. There is stuff i listen to now and appreciate that i would have hated when i was 16.

As for trance i simply can't appreciate due to a period of my life where i thought i liked it but it was just the drugs. Circa 94-95.

Now for some midnight tooker jazz.

[youtube]HLL7bVbepjg[/youtube]
  19. Spanners Watson

Jeez, how fucking old are you BobsCousin, your starting to push crackers and Syd for the old fart title around here :eek:
  20. BobsCousin

BobsCousin Enjoy your ban.

Nothing to do with my age i am not old as crackers..i just don't think there is much of the current stuff i really like. Even the so called indie stuff bores me.

I just revert to music which has soul and gives me a positive feeling, many of todays shit music pisses me off.

Now for some crazy Miles.

[youtube]Ps0ka1tY5yg[/youtube]
  21. Shiny McShine

Shiny McShine Lucky you're with Amy

[YOUTUBE]ZLHzf6w4f7I[/YOUTUBE]
  22. Fapio

Fapio fed up with this world!

[youtube]tQaxYbPf-Hc[/youtube]
  23. Catjizz Fake

Catjizz Fake Nipples!

Fop Rock at it's finest. My oh my he's a beautiful boy.

[youtube]Cb50eNYL1DY[/youtube]

The Bees did a awesome cover of this a few years ago which is pretty much exactly the same except with a bit moar english and it's just as cool imo

[youtube]5ohTi8lbeok[/youtube]

I quite leik Heavy Trash too

[youtube]osNUECNhlbU[/youtube]

Speaking of that kind of thing, do people still listen to Jon Spencer Blues Explosion? they are pretty awesome imo

[youtube]YSsE65z5W0o[/youtube]

[youtube]cbwxLGohUM0[/youtube]
  24. _JC_

Good shit there CF. That Upper Crust is fucking brilliant.
  25. Catjizz Fake

Catjizz Fake Nipples!

lol yeah, they're pretty badass for a bunch of 18th century boylovers :thumbsu:
  26. Mancey

Mancey Friend to all Orientals Stiff Member

That's almost my favourite live music moment ever, he just goes off the fucking chain

THE BLUES EXPLOSION THE BLUES EXPLOSION

Apparently a total nutter in real life
  27. Suspense

Suspense Dirty Newbie

28. Chops

Chops Two weeks, tops

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Chavez, Break up your Band:

[youtube]FDxiSPLaCfQ[/youtube]
  29. The Land Before Thyme

The Land Before Thyme Stalin>Hitler

[youtube]vA1DGClMKNs[/youtube]

Especially for the young-uns listen to Cat Stevens absolutely essential smoking weed music.
    [youtube]Jek6iP6AuAQ[/youtube]
  30. Hoffy

[Youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SpFQMZdUkrM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SpFQMZdUkrM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/Youtube]
  31. Gina Rinehart

Gina Rinehart Thick as pigshit

Jonathon Richmond is god your life will now be improved
    [youtube]XjFU98mEem4[/youtube]
    cant be bothered sorting them now but have alisten and you might become a bit cooler and get more pussy

[youtube]wpWVk3h2SA8&feature=channel[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjjDmX9Tkss&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVNlPbBFUfo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSsn8swlng&feature=related

This last one is a cover version the original is excellent but Per Ubu was afraid he was being anti semetic and stopped doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5IuZXcNKbc&feature=related
  32. Kingy

Kingy Growing up in maturity Umpire

[youtube]zNJyAcgMS4A[/youtube]

I actually used to love this album.

EDIT - Cat Stevens is fucking awesome; and Father & Son is one of the best songs ever.

Shame he decided to become a filthy terrorist.
  33. sunnyTEE

sunnyTEE Stats: 5'11, Weight: 178lbs Umpire

[youtube]cHlf08yTPiU[/youtube]

and a little swifty (some artsy poof made a shithouse slideshow)

[youtube]_7dP9BPLnQY[/youtube]
  34. Catjizz Fake

Catjizz Fake Nipples!

Haha yeah I still remember watching that on TV. Had never heard of THE BLUES EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!! before then, had no idea that they were NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

But I quickly became a fan on the back of that performance!

Was just looking on Wikipedia, apparently he has a sister called Muffin. She's either a massive hottie or a heavy woman with a name like that.
  35. Fapio

Fapio fed up with this world!

[youtube]QVc29bYIvCM[/youtube]
  36. Gina Rinehart

That last one was the sound track to my youth every Boho club in Melb was cranking it out.
    Probably heard it too much

Some good stuff throughout
    most I have heard
    some I wish I hadnt
    Good pick up Nutzy with the stranglers:thumbsu:

Most I liked
    I could hear a little of Question Mark and the Mysterians and a touch of Brian Mannex in all of them:D

Except Mother Goose which had Chocolate Starfish written all over it.

I was hopeing for a bit more Funky Town,maybe some LRB with Farnsy or some off Shirley Strachans solo work.
  37. Chops

Chops Two weeks, tops

Someone has been pilfering my thread on BF. ;) Remember, Pablo Picasso was not called an asshole.

But seriously, most of the stuff here isn't really that obscure. Come on people, the whole idea was stuff we hadn't heard. Not stuff that's on those easy sleeping adult radio stations.

Anyway, first up, probably the best band to come out of Perth in the last 15 years, who for whatever reason, didn't get taken up elsewhere. Miles ahead of Jebs and Eskimo blow etc and had the two best guitarists Perth has had since Kim Salmon.

Mukaizake - Pilot

[youtube]mmIvI-nbyIc[/youtube]

And perhaps the first ever metal band. The Music Machine and 'Talk Talk'.

[youtube]AT6ZJlmVuV0&feature=related[/youtube]
  38. Gina Rinehart

Chops, I promise I havent read or seen your thread mate, but if you go through the old threads, you might see I have posted Pablo Picasso is an Arsehole about 2 years ago.First heard it about 25 years ago too

So when Chief gets them up in 2 weeks tops use the search funtion its in the The last person to posts wins thread :thumbsu:
    Glad you are on board the little airplane,hope you got cooler and get more pussy because of it:thumbsu:

Heres one from Suzi

http://aflfooty2009.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2732#post2732
  39. sunnyTEE

sunnyTEE Stats: 5'11, Weight: 178lbs Umpire

[youtube]ALxA3TV3xGQ[/youtube]
  40. Gina Rinehart

Shook kran Sunny that was good
    I recomend your soul to Alah:thumbsu:
  41. Ratto

Ratto Hot places, cold places...

what is this shit
  42. Suspense

Suspense Dirty Newbie

Japanese band playing some cool modern rock and/or roll:

[youtube]t_GgowniQWk[/youtube]

Some angry band making some pretty rad sounds:

[youtube]eEiZczbskKs[/youtube]

Steve Albini screaming about self-immolation and making a wonderful racket in the process:

[youtube]ZLr5EXyoQCE[/youtube]
  43. Catjizz Fake

Catjizz Fake Nipples!

The greatest country music band of all time

I'm always gettin loaded on the evil side of town
    That's where I'm hangin out cos I'm always feelin down
    Livin fast and lonely, doin what I do
    And I'm lookin for a whore i'm gonna fuck her black and blue

It's HANK 3!

[youtube]escWLa1MvkQ[/youtube]
  44. Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme Rambo is a pussy.

Once again Jake, HUNDREDS OF REP for introducing me to Hank III.

Get into Old Crow Medicine Show Jake. Been one of my favourite bands for a few years and finally got to see them at Golden Plains and their 2hr 30min solo show at the Forum.

[youtube]O2vJUadjdmo[/youtube]

This blokes album came out about 5 years ago and I haven't heard from him since.

[youtube]Xr6qL2l76tU[/youtube]

And this is just awesome in every way.

[youtube]4peCwxxc5aM[/youtube]
  45. Gina Rinehart

46. FG

FG Des Hasler

[youtube]ZuwWvPGul3o[/youtube]

Decent song :thumbsu:
  47. Hanis

Hanis 0% Human

[youtube]nBcbDS5AGnk[/youtube]
  48. Penovic

Penovic F├╝hrer

[youtube]ETrEEb0rtRY[/youtube]
  49. CATS

CATS Puss In Fuk Me Boots

[youtube]ZXhuso4OTG4[/youtube]

Not a film clip, but awesome song! :eek:
  50. Hoffy

Love this. Amazing stuff. :thumbsu:

37 musicians from five continents assemble together to create one unified track. The musicians have never met in person and connect through their music. Each track is added to the song as the musicians are recorded live outside across the globe.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Us-TVg40ExM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Us-TVg40ExM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]