1. Looking for latest posts? Click this link ===> "What's New?"!

Jetlag Sucks

Discussion in 'The Main Board but with less BAWW about Essendrug' started by Mofra, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Mofra

Mofra Hello Umpire

It fucking sucks
  2. Dan

Dan (๏ Y ๏) Umpire

and you most likely still have sand in your crack.
  3. Geelong_Sicko

Geelong_Sicko proud Enemy of Israel Umpire

Jesus Moffy, I thought with your track record the only complaint you'd have about the flight was being a little sore after all the airline hosties ground your cock into mincemeat (big into their kegel exercises are hosties - helps with the cabin pressure I've been told) during the extensive layover wherever it is you layed over.
  4. Mofra

Mofra Hello Umpire

Well Monday morning woke up at 12.45am, this morning it was 2.30am. I'm planning on normality by Friday.

Plenty of complaints about flight - just requested a refund in full
  5. NOT MrAaron

NOT MrAaron TLC Original Stiff Member Umpire

I find that if you just stay up til what your bedtime should be in the timezone you arrive in you're invariably fine?

Even if it's 6am there and you've been flying all night. Just get a rub n tug somewhere, check into your hotel, and force yourself to stay awake as long as possible
  6. Gina Rinehart

Gina Rinehart Thick as pigshit

7. Mofra

Mofra Hello Umpire

I'm waking up early after only a few hours of sleep.

I can deal with illness & hangovers far better than normal, but jetlag hits me. I'll probably sleep until after 3am tonight though
  8. Nathan Horsecock

Nathan Horsecock I am a famous racehorse! Umpire

I'm the same, takes me ages to recover from Jetlag. Nowadays I just head straight to the GP when i get home from overseas and get sleeping tabs, take em for the first 3 nights and the body clock seems to reset.
  9. Mofra

Mofra Hello Umpire

Still sucks. Reading for Uni is all done though, and reseqarchign holidays helps.
    Cycling tours :cool:
  10. Hugh Differential

Hugh Differential AFL Umpiring Afficianado

The only time I had bad jetlag and problems sleeping was flying from here to the States.

It fucks you up big time with the change in timezones there, you basically gain an extra day. I left Sydney on Sunday evening and arrived in LA on Sunday morning so I had two Sundays, it was like groundhog day.

Took me about a week to adjust to the time difference there, I kept waking up at 2 or 3am and be wide awake and couldn't get back to sleep then be tired as fuck during the day.

Never had any problems flying anywhere else although the change in timezones wasn't as big as from here to the States.
  11. Mofra

Mofra Hello Umpire

^ Ja, flying east is the killer. Never had any problems flying west.

Did go for a 6am sprint session, feeling it now with 2 hr uni lecture on after work
  12. Geelong_Sicko

Sprint sessions, lol. Go for a PUB session, Moffy. Fall asleep at midnight (after two pints of water from a stolen pint glass, as per the Irish way) and wake up relatively well-adjusted the next day.
  13. Hugh Differential

Hugh Differential AFL Umpiring Afficianado

I did that when I arrived in the States, I was travelling there with a mate of mine and he had a couple of mates of his in Palm Springs that we were staying with. We arrived in LA on Sunday morning after getting no sleep on the flight from Sydney and these guys picked us up and drove us straight out to Palm Springs which looks like that film Pleasantville, one of the weirdest places I've been to.

We dropped our luggage at their place and went straight to this bar there. I was tired and jetlagged as fuck but getting on the beers perked me up for a few hours but then I hit the wall later that night and crashed out back at their place. Still kept waking up in the middle of the night though for the first week or so I was there.
  14. Norge

Norge Hippies, kill them with fire. Umpire

In 2006 I went to Sakhalin Island in Russia (just north of Japan). The company I worked for flew me Perth ~ Dubai ~ Moscow ~ Sakhalin, total time spent travelling including 6 + 8 hours stopovers in Dubai & Moscow was 43 hours, cunts.
    Needless to say I was shattered by the time I got to Sakhalin & it took me around a week to recover.
    1st trip home was Sakhalin ~ Seoul ~ Singapore ~ Perth, with stopovers total travel time around 18 hours.

Fun fact Sakhalin was where the MIG was based that shot down the Korean airliner 747. MIG & statue of pilot proudly displayed in the middle of town.
  15. Burt

Burt TLC Legend

Poor bastard, having to fly in and out of Perth. Company you worked for must be cunts.
  16. hankhandsome

hankhandsome space adventurer

I'm currently sitting in Melbourne airport having a beer after a shit international connection. Fucking crying babies everywhere. Saw some cunt from the tv. Whatshisname???
  17. crackers57

crackers57 TLC Immortal

Aaaah yeah, him :thumbsu:
  18. Incontinet Rob

Incontinet Rob Time to hit the road

19. hankhandsome

hankhandsome space adventurer

David King. That's who the cunt was.
  20. Ron

Ron Dirty Newbie

Flew back in from Japan today, landed at about 7am.

I've been awake for 37 hours atm, and i really want to crash but if i sleep now i'll be awake at 2am.

Driving up to NSW tomorrow for a 10 hour drive, i want to leave at about 6am, so wake up at about 5am. Go to sleep at 10-10.30 ish. Hope i can last.

After having no sleep and watching the Pies get smashed, fair to say i am in a fucking cranky mood right now.
  21. Geelong_Sicko

Got any No-Doz and amphetamines handy?
  22. Mofra

Mofra Hello Umpire

Typical - G-S derailing the thread...
  23. Geelong_Sicko

I like tangents, Moffy. Is that a crime?
  24. Gina Rinehart

Gina Rinehart Thick as pigshit

How do they work?
  25. Tex21

Tex21 Change this bitch Umpire

When Sin and Cos fuck, then they have a tangent babby.
  26. Blitzer

Blitzer "The GOATSE vs the True GOATSE" Umpire

Only if Sin is on top! :thumbsu: